How long do certifications last?
CPR & AED: 2 years
First Aid: 2 years
AHA BLS or ASHI CPR Pro: 2 years
ACLS: 2 years
PALS: 2 years
Bloodborne Pathogens: 1 year
Supplemental Oxygen: 1 year
Child and Babysitting: 2 years
Wilderness First Aid: 3 years
Do you offer Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) for EMS professionals?
Yes, As a CECBEMS-accredited organization, we offer EMS Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) for EMS professionals who successfully complete a classroom-based ASHI CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer, ACLS, or PALS student-level courses. We understand the importance of CEHs to EMS professionals for compliance with state licensing regulations and National Registry requirements.
Are we required to have CPR and First Aid certification at my workplace?
OSHA regulation 1910.151 states, “…in the absence of an infirmary, clinic, or hospital in near proximity to the workplace, which is used for the treatment of all injured employees, a person or persons shall be adequately trained to render first aid.” Near proximity has been interpreted in most cases, to mean help is less than three minutes away.
Are completely online “certification” in basic first aid and CPR acceptable for meeting OSHA regulations?
Given the explosion of completely online basic first aid and CPR training with “instant certification” (training without hands-on skill practice or assessment by a qualified instructor) that is rapidly spreading across the Internet, ASHI asked for an interpretation letter on the issue from the OSHA Directorate of Enforcement Programs in 2011. Recently, this effort was significantly enhanced when OSHA finally published the letter on their public website this month. Now anyone, anywhere, who wonders whether or not completely online “certification” in basic first aid and CPR is an acceptable practice for meeting OSHA regulations will have direct access to the unequivocal answer; “No”.
Read the official ruling here:
What is the ASHI Passport?
The ASHI Passport are desktop and smartphone retention/refresher lessons and tools for students.
• Available at no extra charge with certification cards for ASHI programs.
• Simple registration using the program code and Training Center ID found on the student’s certification card
Students can access:
• A digital copy of the student book
• LearningLinks – quarterly ongoing refresher lessons that review emergency care topics covered during the class. Utilizing branching scenarios for interactive learning, LearningLinks will help students retain their readiness to respond to an illness, injury, or medical emergency
• Course-related GotoAID emergency first aid topics and tools
• Email reminder when certification is about to expire
How Do I Use the ASHI Passport?
• Take an ASHI-certified class from RTC.
• Go to hsi.com/passport to register for LearningLinks and other refresher content OR
• Download the app to your smartphone and register your certifi- cation card in the app
• Enjoy easy access to course content, step-by-step instructions, emergency contact numbers, and more
Why do I have to prepay for a class online?
Because our classes have a student limit, we enroll students on a first-come, first-serve basis, and if we held spaces for people who didn’t pay and reached our maximum, we’d have to turn away people who were willing to prepay for that seat in the class. Plus we’ve learned that a non-paying reservation has a 80% higher chance of not showing up. i.e. wasting a reservation.
Can I cancel a class?
If you want to cancel a class, you can receive a full refund if done at least 48 hours prior to start of the class. However, in all other cases, there is a 25% cancellation fee for complete cancellation.
Why? Because when you register for a class, we are giving you a seat and stopping someone else from taking that seat. For organizations, we are reserving a particular date and time, and we are stopping other organizations from reserving that date (even if we have to turn away customers). Also when you reserve a class, we make your materials orders right away, so there will be enough materials for your class.
Can I pay for a class on the day of the class?
For organizations: We require at least a 50% deposit to hold a date and acquire the materials. The remaining 50% is due on the training day.
For individuals: We require a credit card payment before the class to attend. If a payment is not received at least 48 hours before the class, your certification card will be sent in the mail after you complete the class.
Can you do a class at my company or organization?
Absolutely. For companies or Groups of 8 or more, we can come to your location and provide instruction. Please Contact Nanette at (804) 592-1782 for contract and special pricing information.
Do you have group discounts?
We love groups .. The more , the merrier!! For companies or Groups of 6 or more, we can offer attractive pricing and can come to your location and provide instruction. Please Contact Allisha at (855) 592-1782 ext 700 for group pricing information.
I need to get a class now. Can I get a personal class?
Absolutely. We understand that sometimes schedules don’t match and you can’t make one of our regularly scheduled classes. We will be be happy to do a personal, 1-on-1 training, but there is an additional $50 fee added to each class to cover instructor and overhead costs. Please Contact Allisha at (855) 592-1782 ext.700 for more information.
Can I get a replacement card?
We will be happy to issue a replacement card for anyone who passes one of our classes but there is a $20 replacement fee per card due to fees we incur from the certifying organizations.
Why should you choose an ASHI -certified training center like RTC?
- Nationally recognized, accredited programs that meet OSHA and MSHA standards
- Programs that are tailored to meet your specific safety and emergency needs
- Professional instructors who use proven training techniques and real-world examples
- Interactive programs that encourage learning and participation
- The most cost-effective safety and health programs available
- All CPR classes include a FDA approved CPR Mask w/ one-way filter valve in a hard, clamshell case for each student to take home – A $10 value.